Dieneke de Weerd
YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch 27Young Expert at Cordaid - Uganda
I am a Regional Business Development Manager East and Southern Africa. In this role, I am responsible for the development of the portfolio of Cordaid in East and Southern Africa (ESA). I support Cordaid’ acquisition of resources from a wide range of donors and I will ensure portfolio growth under the strategic leadership of the Cluster Director in ESA.
My main responsibilities are the delivery of high-quality proposals and prepositioning and the fundraising strategy and ensuring effective donor engagement and high-quality reporting and communications.
- Organised & structured
- Nationality: Dutch
- 2018 – 2020 Msc. International Land and Water Management. Wageningen University & Research. Specialisation: Adaptive Water Management
- 2015 – 2018 Bsc. Global Challenges: Liberal Arts and Sciences. Leiden University College Specialisation: Governance, Economics and Development. Minor: International Land and Water Management
- 2012 - 2014 International Baccalaureate – Maastricht United World College
- Two-year personal development program (de Baak)
- Making infographics
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Lean Green Belt
Experience before YEP
Vitens Traineeship 2020 – 2022. At Vitens, a Dutch drinking water company, I explored different roles and themes. Roles explored are advisor, facilitator, project manager and team manager. Themes I worked on are stakeholder management, sustainable water use, climate adaptation, integrated water management, education, innovation, and circular economy.
Various other jobs, internships, committees, and challenges: Intern Resilient Cities, Research Intern Inspiragua program Cormagdalena, Ambassador Foodsharing Wageningen, Water ambassador Topsector Water & Maritime, Chair Act Aware Committee Leiden University, NJR Workgroup Young & Sustainable, National Climate Adaptation Challenge, Climate-KIC Summer Course, Founder and chair DuKo Den Haag Committee, Operations Coordinator Green Office Leiden.