Bewuketu Abebe Tesfaw
YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch BDYoung Expert at Blue Deal - Ethiopia
Technical assistance the entire team with technical issues and ensures the local connection with important local stakeholders. Also, contributes to the exchange of knowledge between the basin development offices and with MoWE on a national level. Coordinating project activities with other water programs in Ethiopia/Embassy/MoWE.
Coordinating, work independently and in a team, diverse, reporting, presentation, communication and partnership development skill, research and problem solving.
- Nationality: Ethiopian
- Education: MSc in Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering specialisation with Hydropower Development, Norwegian University of Science & Technology (NTNU), Norway (https://www.ntnu.edu/) and Bachler of Science (BSc) Degree in Irrigation and Water Resource Engineering, Hawassa University, Ethiopia (http://www.hu.edu.et/hu/)
Experience before YEP
- I was working as an Assistant Lecturer in Haramaya University, Institute of Technology, School of Natural Resources and Environmental Engineering, Ethiopia
- For 8 months worked as hydrologist in the Abbay (Upper Blue Nile) Basin Authority (ABA), Ethiopia
- Now, I am working as a Water Resources Development Expert, Abbay (Upper Blue Nile) Basin Development Office (ABDO), Ethiopia
- In addition, I am leading and coordinating joint partner projects such as Blue Deal Abbay 2018-2030 project with World Waternet (Dutch Water Authorities) and project with World Resource Institute (2020-2024)