YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch WWX3Young Expert at WaterWorX - Zimbabwe
Civil Engineering Technician
- QGIS Software
- Microsoft office suite
- Nationality: Zimbabwean
- BSc in Civil Engineering
Experience before YEP
Most Recent WASH Projects
- Working under the Urban WASH Resilience Support to City of Harare focusing on interventions that improve access to safely managed water of appropriate quality and quantity with assistance from Water Quality Scientist, Mechanical Engineer and Electrical Engineer.
- Worked with the engineering team to create water infrastructure surveys on Mwater portal.
- Supervised the construction of a Reinforced Cement Concrete Distribution Box Stand for Liquid Aluminium Sulphate for Morton Jaffray Water Treatment Works during the treatment works shutdown scheduled from 18 to 20 December 2020.
WASH Related Duties
- Contribute to health improvement though improved access to potable water for low income housing projects.
- Design and prepare BOQs for Harare Water Department WASH projects.
- Assist with GIS data cleaning of the water reticulation.
- Assessment of both gravity and pressurised piped water network.
- Assessment of sewer chokes and water bursts.
- Assist with fault registration of community, private and council owned boreholes in Harare.
- Perform water demand and water consumption data analysis for the different suburbs in Harare.
- Preparation of monthly and annual departmental water production and water chemical usage reports.
- Mapping of pressure zones and District Metered Areas
- Mapping of low-income areas.
- Work with the engineering team in developing construction plan.
- Perform project management activities.
- Assist in approval of water and wastewater reticulation design drawings.