Elorm Noel Kwamivi
YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch WWX3Young Expert at WaterWorX - Ghana
I play a lead role in the roll-out and application of diagnostic tools and measuring meters such as thermal camera, vibration meters, noise meters, multi meters, and tachometers, among others tools, for relevant electrical and mechanical equipment monitoring, diagnostics and assessment.
I also contribute to the development and enhancement of safe approach practices and adapting effective maintenance schedules and procedures with the aim of saving energy, avoiding longer downtimes, early identification of underlying electrical and mechanical faults of GWCL electro-mechanical equipment at Weija’s various productions stations, and maximizing production capacity by effective management and maintenance of plant system and equipment.
In addition, I monitor the performance trends and condition of machinery (e.g. pumps, motors and control panels) at the various headworks, adding on to GWCL existing efforts on monitoring and performing preventive maintenance at the main production facility by the roll-out of various affordable diagnostic tools made available by WaterWorX Phase II.
- Problem solving
- Plant Maintenance
- Assets Monitoring
- Equipment Diagnostics
- Drone Piloting
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- BSc. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa, Ghana
Experience before YEP
- Assistant Maintenance Officer at Ghana Water Company Limited | Treatment & Production Station. Ghana Water Company Limited (GWCL) is a utility company, fully owned by the state. The company is responsible for potable water treatment, production and supply to all urban communities in Ghana. My responsibilities included:
- Maximising plant system efficiency by ensuring prompt response to breakdown and faults as well as performing equipment and system assessment for optimal production of potable water.
- Conducting condition-based assessment of the electro-mechanical equipment and other systems in accordance with inspection protocols.
- Performing many essential duties including corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on wide range of plant and domestic l electro-mechanical equipment and system. such as motors, pumps and valves.
- Analysing inspection data to help identify trends that can help monitor overall equipment performance. Also assisted in managing the preparation of feasibility studies, plans, specification and technical data for projects or major works within the maintenance department.Developing, review and improve methods for power quality control, effective maintenance approach and efficient resource management and promoting sound health and safety practices at GWCL facilities.
- National Service Personnel at Volta River Authority (VRA) | Akosombo Hydro Generation Station. VRA owns and operate a total installed generating capacity of 2519 MW. I had the opportunity to do my national service at the Akosombo hydro generation plant of 1020 MW generating capacity where I participated in the following:
- Inspection and maintenance of heavy duty equipment such as turbines, gantry cranes, power transformers and hydro generators.
- Performed detailed logged inspection and monitoring of equipment condition.