Young Expert at Biocomp Nepal - Nepal
YEP period 2022 - 2023, batch 25
Role: Mechanical Process Engineer
I am working as a Mechanical Process Engineer at Biocomp Nepal under the Young Experts Programme.
My responsibilities as include:
- Expanding and diversifying the product line of organic fertilisers
- Improve existing composting processes to further improve the quality and allow for a more efficient and cost-effective process
- Setting up a granular compost production line
- Coordinate the development of a new liquid fertiliser and setting up a pilot production facility
- Project management, including budgeting and financial planning
- Setting up partnerships with experts and institutes
- Working in close coordination with one of the composting experts from our partner organisation Sortiva in the Netherlands
- Providing technical assistance and ensuring periodic maintenance of all the equipment at our site
- Problem identification and problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer aided design
- Resource utilisation and optimisation
- Nationality: Nepalese
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Kathmandu University
- B.Tech in Mehcanical Enigineering, National Institute of Technology
Experience before YEP
- Regional Service Engineer at Jagdamba Motors Pvt. Ltd.
- Sales Intern at Eco infinity Pvt. Ltd.
- Service Intern at Sipradi Pvt. Ltd.
- Technical Intern at Laxmi Intercontinental Auto Services.