Jan Jaap Pape
YEP period 2023 - 2022, batch 28
Young Expert at Acacia Water - Kenya
YEP period 2022 - 2022, batch 25 Young Expert at Mott MacDonald - Egypt
Role: Project Manager Assistant
Working as Project Manager Assistant in Qena, Egypt, I assist the TADEC project management team by providing project management support, technical assistance, and coordination for the TADEC project implementation. As part of my role, I also assist in business development and networking activities.
The TADEC project has two Work Packages (WP).
WP1 aims to build the capacity of two Water and Sanitation Companies (Qena WSC and Sohag WSC), including planning, operations, human resources management, technical performance optimisation and an O&M improvement system implementation.
WP2 provides engineering services to the two WSCs (including design, procurement, construction supervision assistance), focusing on the delivery of water supply and wastewater infrastructure investments to rehabilitate, expand or build new drinking water supply and sanitation infrastructure in Upper Egypt.
- Project management
- Water and wastewater management
- Analytical eye
- Nationality: Dutch
- Msc. Hydrology – Utrecht University
- Bsc. Physics – Utrecht University
Experience before YEP
- 2018 – 2022: geohydrologist for the international engineering firm Royal HaskoningDHV. I was enrolled in environmental impact studies, dike reinforcements and drainage plans.
- 2019: member of the Dutch Surge Support water mission to the Tongogara Refugee camp in Zimbabwe in order to monitor the drilling activities for new drinking water wells.
Organisation: Mott MacDonald