Brian Odhiambo Odhiambo
YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch 25Young Expert at Bazaruto Renewables - Kenya
Project Development Analyst
I am a Project Development Analyst at Bazaruto Renewables Kenya Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bazaruto Renewables B.V. Our strategic goal is to successfully develop a sizeable and diversified portfolio of renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa within this decade.
I support the Project Development team in early site identification and inception analysis, securing land rights, permitting, and conducting (pre-)feasibility studies, including environmental impact scoping and assessments, for hydropower and wind energy projects in Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Communication, negotiation, and presentation
- Environmental studies
- Geographical Information Systems
- Hydrological and catchment studies
- Intercultural effectiveness and teamwork
- Planning and organisation.
- Problem analysis, results, and quality-oriented
- Nationality: Kenyan
- BSc Civil Engineering, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Experience before YEP
- Aug 2021 – present: Project Development Analyst at Bazaruto Renewables, Nairobi.
- Bazaruto Renewables develops renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Additionally, Bazaruto Renewables provides advisory services to a select number of clients.
- May 2021-August 2021: Site Engineer at McBuilders Limited, Nairobi (KE)-a technical consultancy firm.
- Managed project time and costs schedules.
- Produced weekly reports for the project team.
- Solved technical problems on-site.
- October 2020-February 2021: Technical Analyst Trainee at Ochieng Abuodha and Associates, Nairobi.
- Supervised ongoing bridge and road construction project activities.
- Prepared progress reports for the project team.
- Provided technical advice on project activities.
- December 2019-January 2020: Asset Verification Assistant at KPMG, Nairobi.
- Conducted site visits as a freelance consultant to assess various client assets in Ethiopia.
- January 2018 - December 2018: Co-Founder and Manager at Ktirion Consortium Limited, Nairobi.
- Led meetings with potential clients and partners.
- Produced prequalification and tender applications.
- September 2018 – November 2018: Technical Analyst Intern at Egis, Nairobi.
- Constructed a box culvert and stormwater drain.
- Conducted laboratory quality control tests on soils, concrete, and asphalt concrete.
- July 2017 - September 2017: Technical Analyst Intern at Nairobi County Government, Nairobi.
- Inspected ongoing county road projects.
- Reviewed design drawings and reports for county housing development.