Young Expert at Cordaid - Iraq
YEP period 2022 - 2023, batch 25
Youth Employment and Development Officer
- Youth skills developer
- Mechanical engineering
- Business incubation
- Coaching targeting start-up innovations
- Research and innovation agribusiness accelerator
- Project designing and management
- Business development and implementation strategies
- Marketing strategy
- Workplan development and time management
- Cost control
- Data analysis
- Nationality: Iraqi
- Mechanical Engineering
Experience before YEP
- August 2020 – present: Youth Employment Officer at Cordaid. Focusing on youth skills development and employment, youth development and entrepreneurship, and small and medium enterprises development. Liaison for the Iraqi Authorities and other institutions and NGOs. Logistic support.
- Jan 2019 to Feb 2020: Project Leader at Action Against Hunger. Organising and mentoring teams for the FSL programme in cooperation with Programme Manager to distribute businesses reactivation activities in Mosul City. 474 Micro and Small Business restored with a budget over USD 1.5 million.
- Jun 2018 to Jan 2019: Workwell Campus Manager at PLC. Teaching university graduates, IDPs, and refugees basic and advanced IT & English skills. Increase the employability of job seekers through technology and coaching. Help build the career of their dreams through access to technology and personalised coaching. 150 students successfully graduated from Workwell with a yearly budget of USD 200,000.
- March 2017 to Jun 2018: Logistic Associated at MSF Hospital and Medical Advanced Post in West Mosul. Supporting MSF medical staff to provide the services and facilitating provision of medical services in West Mosul during the liberation battle. The yearly budget of the project was USD 3.6 million.