YEP period 2022 - 2024, batch 25Young Expert at Akvo.org - Kenya
Role: Agriculture and data expert
Akvo is a nonprofit foundation working to bring data and digitalisation to the forefront of the development sector. Our impact areas are safe water for all and sustainable smallholder farming. Our team provides data consultancy, tech solutions, and local knowledge to our partners worldwide.
I work as an agriculture and data expert. My role focuses on understanding how data and technology can be used as means to support our partner's needs. I work on projects that focus on sustainable agriculture and water resource management. My day-to-day work involves activities such as data analytics, project management for custom technical solutions, identification of our partners’ data needs, and data collection. I am part of the Akvo East Africa hub and based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Monitoring & evaluation
- Data analytics & visualisation
- Data analysis tools – proficient in R and Stata
- Knowledge of development economics, specifically smallholder farmer income measurement.
- Nationality: Dutch
- MSc Management, Economics and Consumer studies, specialization Development Economics
- BSc Economics and Governance, specialisation in Development Economics
- BSc International Development studies, specialization in Development Economics
Experience before YEP
- 2020-2021: Project Officer Akvo, Amsterdam
- 2018-2019: Research Assistant Wageningen University – Development Economics Chair Group