Young Expert at Wereld Waternet - Jordan
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 24
The main tasks are;
- Act as an interface between YWC staff, local actors, and WWN staff
- Develop specific technical tasks for the partnership, related to the improvement of wastewater management
- Collect supportive information on YWC’s assets, customers, and key stakeholders
- Prepare (online) meetings, documentation, and progress reports on the implementation of the WOP program
• Delivering technical and organisational input to improve the WOP
• Delivering technical input to improve YWC on specific topics, such as Asset Management and Safety training (to be defined depending on candidate’s specific expertise)
• Coordinating with the WWn project leaders as reflected in the 5 areas of intervention
• Acting as an interface between WWn and YWC
• Reporting on the projects and activities
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
• Organising, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings.
• Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from online meetings and working visits.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
• Pro-actively detecting new opportunities for better execution of the projects
• Networking with other water partners NGO’s, municipalities, Jordan and Dutch private sector, stakeholders of YWC
- Nationality: Jordanian
- Education: BSc. Electrical engineer – Electrical grid and power system, MSc. Electrical engineer – Power systems
Experience before YEP
2017-2018: Site engineer at Be Solar solution energy in Amman-Jordan
Supervisor of the site and the technical and periodic maintenance process
2018-2020: Lecturer at Zarqa University in Zarqa-Jordan
Academic dean assistant, Head of the renewable energy department
2020-2021: Sales Engineer at Be solar solution energy in Amman-Jordan
Responsible for the marketing department by providing a financial and technical offer, providing comprehensive studies for an on-grid, off-grid, and pumping project.