Young Expert at Cordaid - Kenya
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 23
I work together with the country teams to develop new agrifood programs for Cordaid in Eastern and Southern Africa. Cordaid’s programs support smallholder farmers and agricultural SMEs to grow their businesses. Developing new Cordaid programs requires an innovative and creative approach involving all food system actors. Amongst other tasks, my role entails regular fund scanning, leading internal and external bid teams, proposal writing, and keeping track of the regional pipeline.
I am an energetic and enthusiastic person with a hands-on mindset. I enjoy working in teams and have a good sense of group dynamics. My educational background in both applied and academic science has provided me with a set of solution-oriented and analytical skills. I have expertise in the field of digitalization in agriculture, access to finance, public-private partnerships, and youth employment.
- Nationality: Dutch
- MSc. Economic Geography, Radboud University Nijmegen, 2016-2018
- BSc. Rural Innovation, Has University of Applied Science Den Bosch, 2010-2014
Experience before YEP
- ICCO Cooperation, business development, Sept. 2018 – April 2021
- Outside Inc., graduation internship, Feb. 2018 – Sept. 2018
- DoeNederland.nl, floor manager and planner, April 2015 – Dec. 2015
- CEPRO Yanesha Peru, marketing advisor, Oct. 2014 – Feb. 2015
- Hacienda Esperanza Ecuador, internship, Sept. 2012 – Dec. 2012