Young Expert at Akvo.org - Burkina Faso
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 23
I’ll be working for Akvo Foundation in Burkina Faso as a Junior Data Service Expert. My Role is mostly in link with my background as a statistician: Supervision of Data collection, Data processing and analysis (with the calculation of indicators), and also reporting of the studies’ results. I’ll also help the Akvo team giving technical assistance to partners who have decided to use the tools developed by Akvo such as Akvo Flow, Akvo RSR, and Akvo Lumen.]
- Training and capacity building in computer science, software for data collection and processing
- Statistical software: SPSS, Stata, R, Eviews,
- Pack Office: word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Programming (python, VBA, R)
- Statistical and economic analysis
- Econometrics modeling
- Data visualization
- Database design
- Project management, M&E.
- Team management and teamwork
- Writing ability
- 2018-2020: Statistical-Economics Engineering program through Special admission to the second year (two years of training instead of three). Since September 2020 I’m graduated as Statistical-Economics Engineer (Master’s degree) from ENSEA.
- 2016-2018: Graduation as a Statistical Work’s Engineer (level 4) from the National Institute of Statistics and Applied Economics (ENSEA) of Abidjan (Ivory Coast).
- 2014-2016: level 2 diploma in 2016 Economics and management sciences from Thomas Sankara’s University of Ouagadougou.
Experience before YEP
- May-August 2018: Research Assistant (Internship)at the National Institute of Statistics and Demography (INSD). I set up a leading indicator of the Harmonized Index of Industrial Production (HIIP). I worked from defining objectives to writing research results.
- August-October 2019: Research Assistant (Internship) at the Chamber of commerce and Industry of Burkina Faso. I identified the determinants of business formalization through the Certified Managemen Centers (CGA) in Burkina Faso. All went from defining objectives to writing research results.
- Since August 2019: consulting (self-employed)
- From November to December 2020: internship at INSD Burkina Faso.
- From January to April 2021: I worked as a Research assistant, analysis, and consulting in a study office
called STAT DES.
- May 2021: Internship at Akvo Foundation
- Since June 2021: Junior Data Service Expert at Akvo Foundation.