Edwin Zegarra Aleman
Young Expert at Waterschap Noorderzijlvest - Peru
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 22
Working at National Water Authority - Technical Secretary of the Water Resources Council of the basin Tumbes, Peru, as Technical Assistant Integrated Management of Water Resources in the Blue Deal project – Perú.
- Providing technical assistance within the technical team responsible for the process of updating the IWRM plan.
- Applying research on the knowledge gaps identified in the IWRM plans
- Organizing participating stakeholder meetings to fill knowledge gaps and links with international approaches.
- Ability to work in a Team.
- Respect for the rules.
- Possess excellent time-keeping skills.
- Logical and analytical
- Detached and reasonable
- Consistent and orderly
- Valuing traditions.
- Provide long-term security
- Handle problems with realism.
- Decision making
Education: Agricultural Engineer
Experience before YEP
- Field Technician at the Regional Agriculture Directorate – Tumbes, where I performed the tasks of unexpected eye inspections, inventory of Hydraulic Infrastructure and Irrigation, and Writing technical reports.
- NATIONAL WATER AUTHORITY as Hydraulic Modeler – Editor. Here I helped with the elaboration and edition of bathymetry contour lines and connection with LIDAR topographic curves of the Tumbes River valley and adaptation and processing of topographic information, in addition to the construction and simulation of the hydrodynamic model in the Tumbes River valley, with the software MIKE FLOOD.
- HIYESA E.I.R.L. as Technical Work Assistant developing the following activities:
- Progress reports, requirements.
- Daily reports of the work progress as inputs for filling in the workbooks.
- Stock control. Filling tare cards of field personnel.
- Preparation of payroll for administrative and field personnel.
- Regional Government of Tumbes as Technical Assistant, developing the following activities:
- Technical Assistant in Work.
- Participation in the Preparation of Technical Files.
- Preparation of Technical Reports and eye visits.
- Participation in the elaboration of Work Liquidations under the Direct administration modality.
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF TUMBES – FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, where my main tasks were Preparation and presentation of the security protocol proposal for the Soil Mechanics Laboratory.