YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 22Young Expert at FRES - Burkina Faso
In 2021-2022 FRES and Yeelen Ba will develop two solar-powered multifunctional platforms for a cooperative as part of contracts with UNCDF and PREO. This solar multifunctional platform aims also to power SMEs and generates some income by providing irrigation systems to local farmers. As a Young Energy expert, I will work with the local team of YEELENBA in Burkina Faso to design this solar multifunctional platform. This includes:
- Collect the Energy demands on the field;
- Find some machinery suppliers and get into partnership;
- Identify some SMEs to connect;
- design and size the solar microgrid;
- follow the procurement;
- Coordinate the implementation of the solar system;
- Participate in the writing of the business model;
- Field monitoring.
- Solar Microgrids
- Solar home systems (SHS)
- Solar system sizing using PVsyst, Excel
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Data collection using Google form
- GPS mapping and analysis using Google Earth
Nationality: Burkina Faso
- Master 2 in Renewable Energy, International Institute of Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE), Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- BSc. Electrical and Energy Engineering, International Institute of Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE), Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Experience before YEP
- Monitoring and field control of the implementation of solar Microgrids at BOSEMBO SERVICES, Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso.
- Consultant, on-/offgrid system sizing at 2EC, Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso.
- Creating content with some training of solar home system sizing method on Youtube (link).