Young Expert at Pondera Consult - Vietnam
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 22
The role Joost has within Pondera and YEP is aimed at the following tasks and activities:
Contribute to the development of current and future renewable energy projects in Vietnam.
- Conduct (feasibility) studies and perform activities in all required stages of project development.
- Visit potential sites for scouting purposes as well as progress checks.
- Form close relationships with local companies, local communities, and the Vietnamese authorities to establish a valuable network.
Transfer (Dutch) knowledge, experience, and skills on renewable energy development to Vietnam.
Actively support the set-up of the Pondera Vietnam branch office.
- Create a strong interconnection between the Dutch office and the Vietnam office (planned to be established in 2021) of Pondera.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to Vietnamese colleagues in project-related activities.
Report progress to the Dutch office.
Share knowledge on project development through presentations/seminars to create a network.
- Knowledge and experience in the world of renewable energy, and wind in particular;
- Organized, structured, and analytical;
- Self-starter who takes initiative;
- Critical and problem-solving mindset;
- Team player with networking skills to form long-term business relations.
- Bachelor Soil, Water & Atmosphere, Wageningen University
- Master Energy Science, Utrecht University
- Climate-KIC Master Label, European Institute of Innovation and Technology
Experience before YEP
After my graduation, I have worked for several years as a consultant for renewable energy at Pondera. Here I advanced on a wide range of topics including feasibility studies, permit & subsidy applications, data analysis of measurement campaigns, and energy yield & business case calculations. Additionally, I have been working on assignments for Dutch municipalities to explore the technical potential of renewable energy sources within their borders in order to project zero-carbon energy scenarios. Since recently part of Pondera’s international team to help support our activities in project development.