Young Expert at DIBcoop - Rwanda
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 22
As a Young Expert, I work for DIBcoop as the Project Officer in Rwanda. My function can also be described as Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES) developer. By promoting the existing PES scheme we developed, I influence, inspire and persuade other stakeholders to enter into PES projects as well. By proposing PES scenarios in which sustainable land use will be promoted within a wider region, benefits will be encountered directly and indirectly by all stakeholders. This will result in:
- Efficient land and water management, in particular in the agricultural sector;
- Eradicating existing hunger and malnutrition;
- Promoting inclusive and sustainable growth in the agricultural sector; and,
- Creating ecologically sustainable food systems.
In my role as a PES developer, I am responsible for the implementation, up-scaling, and diversification of PES projects. I always focus on solutions. I believe paying attention to an elaborate problem analysis in space and over time, including all stakeholders is the key to find the best solutions. My personal and professional ambition is to contribute to a green and sustainable world that can incredibly well be achieved within this YEP function.
- Sustainable Land Management
- Project planning, organization, and coordination
- Stakeholder Management
- Intercultural Communication
- Geo-Information Science (GIS)
- MSc International Land and Water Management at Wageningen University - Specialization: Sustainable Land Management
- BSc International Land and Water Management at Wageningen University
Experience before YEP
Passiflora Network VOF - As co-founder of Passiflora Network, I executed several agricultural consulting projects in Africa and South America. Within the projects, the main mission was to connect and collaborate with people from various disciplines to create innovative solutions for agricultural development all over the world.
- Dairy farm analysis and optimalization, Uganda
- Design sustainable vanilla and Guanabana plantation, Sri Lanka
- Design reforestation project, Brazil
Please find me on LinkedIn for my past experience