Mario Gerardo Carreño Saavedra
YEP period 2021 - 2023, batch 22Young Expert at Waterschap Noorderzijlvest - Peru
First position after YEP
In between jobs
As a Technical Assistant in Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM), I work as the technical secretary of the water resources council of the basin Chira-Piura in Perú for Waterschap Noorderzijlvest. I am responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance within the technical team responsible for the process of updating the IWRM plan
- Applying research on the knowledge gaps identified in the IWRM plans
- Organizing participating stakeholder meetings to fill knowledge gaps and links with international approaches.
All functions are to support local management of Blue Deal project Perú.
- Project management
- Decision making
- Data monitoring and analysis
- Flexible and adaptable to situations
- Nationality: Peruvian
- Education: Bachelor inEconomy at the National University of Piura, Peru.
Experience before YEP
- NATIONAL WATER AUTHORITY
- Developed the collection and systematization of information on Piura’s water and sewage systems for the implementing interventions of the Chira-Piura Basin Water Resources Management Plan
- Supported the preparation of the financial execution advance of the Chira-Piura Basin Water Resources Management Plan
- SEF PERU HOLDING
- Placed and recovered the credits according to the established goals.
- Promoted the different products of the bank and customer acquisition in the market credit.