Young Expert at WaterWorX - Tanzania
YEP period 2020 - 2022, batch Tm2
In regard to the project, my role as a Young Expert is:
- Coordinating and Analyzing data of system input and consumptions in DMA’s (District Metered Area) for study the sources of non-revenue water and how to reduce it
- Verification of all water network system and clearance of customer database for GIS and Hydraulic Model improvement
- Supervising field measurement on water network extension and new water connection in Pro-Poor Investment
- Supervision in School WASH project
- Data Analysis
- Team Coordinating and Developments of Ideas
- Presentation skill
- Problem solving and analysis
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
Experience before YEP
After I graduated, I started my Internship in Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation and I worked as a supervisor in the construction office. I worked in the small project which aimed to relocate customer water meter from the household and to construct the chamber for customer water meter. Also, I supervised for the new water connection.
Before becoming a Young Expert, I worked as Non-Revenue Water Engineer in Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation. The tasks were based on to know the source of NRW in the utility and came up with the tactics for decrease it also collaborate with other section in the utility.
Also I worked with AFDB project as Supervisor in Arusha Urban Water Utility and Sanitation. The tasks were to supervise the construction of water structure and pipe lying as its designed.