YEP period 2020 - 2022, batch 20Young Expert at aQysta - India
As Business Developer for India, I am responsible for expanding the network and introducing aQysta's technology in India, especially in the Northern and North-eastern regions (as these regions have lots of rivers and the best hydro potential in the country).
As of now, we are at the commercial expansion and awareness creation phase, it requires a lot of information sharing, community engagement, and technology demonstration along with making commercial sales through partnerships with NGOs, FPO’s and Government agencies.
Our aim is to provide small and marginal farmers access to sustainable irrigation systems and modern farming techniques to increase the productivity of their lands and an opportunity to enhance their livelihoods and standard of living.
Some of the responsibilities in this role:
- Project Management
- Lead Generation and Client Management
- Conducting workshops with stakeholders for technology demonstration
- Monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects
- Conducting site feasibility for Implementation of Barsha Pumps
- Community engagement and outreach in rural areas
- Forming new partnerships with other organizations in the sectors of renewable energy, agriculture, water resource development, and rural development
- Formulate a plan and strategy to scale up operations in India
- Create Policy awareness about the innovative technology of aQysta’s hydro pumps
- Good communication skills
- Work well in a team and can take leadership roles. Team management
- Positive outlook professionally and personally
- Experienced in fieldwork
- The ability for scientific analysis
- Troubleshooting capabilities in the field
- Nationality: Indian
- Education: MSc Physics (University of Delhi)
Experience before YEP
Business Development Coordinator - M G Well Solutions Project International Pvt Ltd
Monitoring of ongoing projects and contracts in Assam With Oil India Limited and ONGC.
Regional Coordinator (Northeast Region) - Proof-of-Performance Data Services Pvt. Ltd Organizing a network of stringers for real-time data collection. Training personnel on how to operate the app (for data collection and verification). Frequent reporting of activities and progress of various ongoing projects to head office in New Delhi. POP offers to its client several data-related services including Media audits, Campaign audits, data collection and processing, surveys.
(Academic Content and Program Design) - Maria’s Braveheart Foundation, Gurgaon, Haryana Duties involved conducting workshops that were usually week-long, with high school and college students. Contributed to the design of the entire program in its different variants and made presentations and organized interactive sessions along with other resource persons during the course of these workshops. Issues ranging from Global Warming to Environmental Conservation and Climate Change
Research Associate - WWF India, Assam Assigned to project named ESD (education for sustainable development) implemented in Govt. schools near protected areas across Assam, locations included Manas (National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary), Kaziranga (National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary), Pobitora (Bio Reserve) and Deepor Beel (RAMSAR site)