Saada Mohamed Sala
History: Young Expert at SNV - Kenya
YEP period 2020 - 2022, batch 19
Position after YEP
Economist at Macro and Fiscal Affairs Department, Kenya
I am a Junior Project Advisor (Young Expert Energy).
About my project: It’s an Energizing Development (Endev) project of “Accelerating Access to Energy Services” where SNV is one of the key implementing partners in Kenya. The project’s overall objective is to contribute to Kenya’s “Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All)” initiative whose goal is to achieve 100% universal access to modern energy services by 2030 for both cooking and electricity. The core component of the project will focus on supporting the establishment and expansion of sustainable and profitable enterprises to increase the penetration of improved Cookstoves and solar powered systems for productive use by households and small scale businesses.
My key tasks include:
- Providing technical assistance to the participating beneficiaries and verification agent during the verification of sales data and progress reports
- Coordinating the capacity building activities for the beneficiary organisations and businesses
- Supporting stakeholder engagement and knowledge dissemination activities
- Participate in sector level forums and collaborate with or support sector level institutions and mechanisms
- Contribute towards knowledge development based on project’s experiences and market trends.
Project Management; Economic Research; Analytical Skills and Report Writing; Team work; Effective Communication
Education: Master of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics; University of Nairobi - Kenya
Experience before YEP
- November 2018 – December 2019: Project Consultant at SNV Kenya on a Result Based Financing (RBF) Solar Project. My key roles included; supporting beneficiary contracting; collection, review and validation of beneficiary sales data, progress reports and incentive claims; support the independent verification process; and contribute to planning and ensure speedy implementation of the project.
- April 2018 - October 2018: Research Trainee at the Central Bank of Kenya. Key areas included construction of database of monetary, financial and economic data; and analysis of macroeconomic framework that links the four key sectors of economy: monetary, fiscal, Balance of Payment & real sector.
- March 2015 – April 2016: Monitoring and Evaluation Trainee at the Agriculture and Food Authority (AFA). Key areas included: monitoring and evaluation of AFA flagship projects; documentation of quarterly and annual M&E & performance and contract activities reports; designed data collection tools for various market surveys and market research.