Young Expert at Fair & Sustainable - Kenya
YEP period 2020 - 2022, batch 19
Young Expert at Fair & Sustainable Consulting – Kenya
YEP period 2020 – 2022, batch 19
My role is to establish and develop the country office for F&S in Kenya. My tasks are:
- Conduct acquisition of new assignments and projects for F&S, through follow-up on tenders and opportunities, visits to potential clients, drafting offers, and preparing compliance documents for applications
- Implement assignments and projects independently and under the supervision of senior consultants from the F&S office in the Netherlands
- Build relationships with existing and new clients in Kenya and the East African region and develop relevant products and services based on existing services and expertise from F&S in the Netherlands
- Build up a network and database of national and regional consultants (senior and junior) to be deployed by F&S
- Represent F&S in relevant forums, meetings, and conferences
- Maintain connection with the F&S office in the Netherlands through regular updates
- Advice the Management of F&S on business opportunities
I have experience in gender mainstreaming and women's economic development in agricultural value chains. Activities I have undertaken range from gender policy development to project implementation strategies and training. Besides gender, I have experience in project design, including Theory of Change/ Logframe development and project monitoring (indicator development, data collection, and tools).
I like to work in environments where my analytical skills and organized and structured nature are appreciated. I enjoy working in culturally diverse teams, where you'll find me as a natural facilitator and bridge-builder.
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen – International Relations and International Organisation (BA)
- Utrecht University – Conflict Studies and Human Rights (MA)
- Radboud University Nijmegen – Advanced Masters International Development
Experience before YEP
- Before becoming a YEP for F&S, I was Donor Relations Manager at Solidaridad Europe This position entailed grants management and implementation of (public-private partnership) projects in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa (between €500,000 - €9,000,000). I was responsible for donor relations management with the EU, Dutch Government, and Private Foundations. I provided support in proposal writing for institutional and private donor applications, specifically with a view towards gender and M&E. Before that, I was Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor and Gender Focal Point at Solidaridad. I provided advice on planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (PMEL) activities. This includes Theory of Change/logframe development, design of measurement and data collection plans, design and coordination of evaluations and research, facilitation of reflection, and learning workshops.
As Gender Focal Point, I was responsible for integrating Solidaridad's Gender Inclusivity approach in the daily work of our office. I was also part of the Network Gender Taskforce, where I contribute to the development of online and offline learning products including gender tools and training.