Young Expert at We Consult - Mozambique
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 18
As a hydrogeologist, I work for WE Consult Mozambique. I am involved in both technical and management tasks within projects. Technical tasks include amongst others:
- Groundwater and surface water assessments
- Geological analysis and geophysical surveying
- Test pumping and water sampling
- GIS and mapping
Management tasks include:
- Acquisition and proposal writing
- Development of work plan and budget
- Organisation of personnel
- Contact with third parties (e.g. local governments, NGOs, institutional organisations)
I am responsible for assisting, executing and co-managing projects according to the work plan and budget in terms of quality, time, expenses, deliverables, organization and safety.
- Multidisciplinary background in hydrogeology and surface water hydrology, both in the Netherlands and abroad
- Enthusiastic and curious to understand and learn from (technical) processes and the people behind it
- Connecting people and looking for opportunities to collaborate
- Languages: Dutch, English, French, Portuguese (in progress)
Education: BSc in Soil, Water and Atmosphere at Wageningen University, MSc in Earth and Environment, specialisation Hydrology and water resources at Wageningen University
Experience before YEP
- 2017: MSc thesis on bed forms in the Kapuas River, Kalimantan, Indonesia including field research
- 2018: MSc internship for Dutch water board Aa en Maas in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso. Within the Faso Koom project I worked on a water supply and demand issue, including designing the water balance.
- June 2018 - November 2019: project engineer for Dutch consultancy firm Witteveen+Bos. As a hydrologist I was involved in numerous water quantity and water system design projects, mainly in the Netherlands.