Thi Van Le Khoa
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 18Young Expert at TU Delft - Vietnam
First position after YEP
Lecturer at Hanoi University, Vietnam
Khoa works in the Climate Proof Vietnam project, to ensure sustainable Integrated Water Resources systems that contribute to sustainable food security systems in Vietnam. Specifically, this project focused on strengthening the capacity of universities which will directly influence the quality of professionals that will work all over the country.
Khoa’s participation during this project is to act as a liaison and continuous on-the-ground support to build a good relationship and close links between partners of the project. Specifically, Khoa’s involvement in the project includes:
- Co-supervision of Bachelor and Master theses of both Vietnamese and Dutch students;
- Collaborating with TU Delft Resident Project Manager Vietnam to implement the activities of the project;
- Translation of documents to maintain multilateral communications and updated information releases;
- Other relevant tasks such as offering short communication lines, developing research initiatives and curriculum updates, etc.
- In-class training and field monitoring
- Project planning, organization, and coordination
- Proposal writing
- GIS and remote sensing processing
- Intercultural communication skills and adaptiveness
Education: Ph.D. candidate in Hydrology and Quantitative Water Management Group, Wageningen University & Research.
Experience before YEP
- Khoa works as a lecturer in the field of Water Resources Management at the Hanoi University of Natural Resources and Environment, Vietnam. His MSc degree is specialized in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management, this training programme was in cooperation between the Water Resources University, Vietnam and the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, the Netherlands.
- In 2015, Khoa got the Erasmus Mundus Mobility for Asia (EMMA) fellowship for academic exchange with the TU Delft. he had a year working in the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), from August 2015 to July 2016.
- Khoa is also working for the Red River Delta Wing, a member of the Delta Alliance which is functioning to improve the resilience of the delta worldwide.
- Research project: Analysis of the environmental impact of the use of pesticides on the department of Mono- Couffo lowland in Benin