Jelila Seho Blalogoe
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 18Young Expert at VDS A’campo - Benin
First position after YEP
Business Developer at Holland Greentech, Benin
I am currently working as a business developer for Holland Holland Greentech (HGT) in Benin.
Holland Greentech is a horticulture company providing training and improved inputs (seeds, irrigation, soil analysis, greenhouses) to farmers in Africa. My task is to start and expand the work of Holland Greentech to Benin and set up a distributor and service office. The work will, among other things involve:
- Effect the startup of Holland Greentech Benin activities
- Determine market approach and activities/actions to set up sales and advice
- Develop imports, commercial trials demonstration sites, and field days activities
- Network with suppliers’ potential partners and relevant government and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Develop sales, advice, and training
At HGT we aim to bring the vegetable sector to the next level across Africa.
Education: BSc in crop production at the University of Abomey-Calavi in Benin and MSc in plant breeding at the University of KwaZulu Natal in South Africa
Experience before YEP
- 2017-present: Co-founder BioLife Benin in charge of Marketing, communication, and human resources management
- January 2019 – December 2019: Research Assistant: Laboratory of Genetics, Horticulture and Seed Science, Faculty of Agronomic Science, University of Abomey- Calavi, Benin
- September 2015-September 2018: Junior translator; English-French, French- English, New alliance trust publisher
- 2015-2017: Field technician Laboratory of Genetic Horticulture and Seed Science (GBioS), Faculty of Agronomic Science (FSA) University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC).
- 2014: Internship: AfricaRice Center, Republic of Benin.
- Research project: Analysis of the environmental impact of the use of pesticides on the department of Mono- Couffo lowland in Benin