YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 17Young Expert at Justdiggit - Tanzania
First position after YEP
Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Young Expert at Justdiggit Foundation, Tanzania
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) at Regreening & Restoration Programs in Tanzania under the partnership of Dutch-based organization, Justdiggit, and local organization, LEAD Foundation. The programs aim at improving livelihood by increasing land productivity to peasants and pastoralists through tailor-made large-scale projects in central and northern Tanzania Work - Justdiggit. Among other interventions, we promote Agroforestry and Silvopastoral practices using nature-based techniques of Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) and Rainwater Harvesting.
I am delivering impact by coordinating program monitoring, evaluation, reporting activities which includes deduction of learnings for program improvements and designing. Also, closely work with other program collaborators like Metameta Research and other partners in research and communication.
Professional skills — Landscape restoration and agro-ecology, biodiversity sciences and environmental conservation, conservation agriculture, climate change, and climate modeling, devising and operating M&E tools, community mobilization, and facilitation.
Analytical and computer skills
Using and designing project management dashboards, building digital data collection tools, data analysis with several statistical software, spatial analysis, and mapping including remote sensing.
- Nationality: Tanzanian
- Education: MSc Biodiversity and Ecosystem Management at The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST); BSc Wildlife Management at College of African Wildlife Management, Mweka
Experience before YEP
- Monitoring & Evaluation Intern at Mpingo Conservation & Development Initiative (MCDI) in Tanzania.
- Assistant in evaluating Conservation Agriculture Project implemented by Conservation Farming Unit in five northern Tanzania districts by World Agroforestry (ICRAF).
- Field Practical Sessions at Tanzania National Parks – Landscape planning, ecosystem management, and restoration including conservation of wildlife species and their habitats, human-wildlife interactions, and socioeconomic and political dimensions in environmental conservation.
- National Service placement by Tanzania Ministry of Defense and National Service