YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 17
Waste Water Technologist for Afmitech Friesland B.V. in Kosovo. Afmitech Friesland is specialized in decentralized wastewater systems for municipal, and organic wastewater from small and medium enterprises. They design and build several small scale systems up to 4000 PE. Their ambition is to implement and support the installation of decentralized systems in Kosovo and Albania. Their customers range from local governments, private persons and industries in agro and chemicals processing. During the project we will further explore the opportunities and challenges in the market.
The activities executed by me are all concentrated on the themes urban and industrial waste water. By focusing on the food processing industry activities, we will contribute to sustainable processes while reducing the water impact of the industry. Activities under Water and sanitation contribute to improved access to sanitation, local treatment of wastewater while improving living conditions of the inhabitants
In this frame work my tasks are:
- Analyzing wastewater from industry and municipalities
- Feasibility studies for decentralized municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants
- Research on alternative ways for revenue generation
- Design and calculate treatment capacities, based on Afmitech formats
- Attend network events related to the project
- Participate in study tours or programs related to the project.
- Data collection and analysis
- Research work
- Organizational skills
Education: BSc and MSc of Food Engineering and Technology.
Experience before YEP
Before YEP I was working in Kosovo for a Dutch Company called YUNIKO. My task was to study if the whey stream from dairy “KABI” in Kosovo can be treated anaerobically for biogas production. Later on I was involved also in big scale implementation of this project. Along with this I monitored aerobic waste water treatment plant of dairy “Bylmeti” in Kosovo.