Rik de Gorter
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 16
I work as a supervisor/site engineer for Ballast Nedam International Projects on the Hemmathagama Water Supply Project in Sri Lanka. I focus on the construction of the water treatment plant and the seven water storage reservoirs.
- Construction management
- Intercultural communication and cooperation
- Result driven
Education: B Eng in Civil Engineering with water management specialisation (Hogeschool Windesheim)
Experience before YEP
I have been fortunate to work on several civil and infrastructural construction projects in different roles:
- Othildeviaduct, part of the BAAK Blankenburgverbinding project in Rotterdam as project engineer
- Aqueduct van Harinxamakanaal, part of the N31 Traverse Harlingen project in Harlingen as supervisor
- New Botlekbridge, part of the A-lanes A15 project in Rotterdam as supervisor
- Concrete works, part of the Multi fuel powerplant NUON Magnum project in Eemshaven as site engineer and supervisor
My start in construction was as an intern on the EDF Trunk Road Upgrade and Rehabilitation project in Gambia.