YEP period 2018 - 2020, batch 16
Billey’s YEP role is to work together with the Cocoanect sustainability teams in West Africa and program partners, supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes. This includes;
- Mergdata pilot implementation with all suppliers
- Coordinating GPS execution and analysis with all suppliers
- Coordinate cocoa certification programs such digital financial services, Cocoa Action, surveying etc.
- Computational and statistical skills: Execl, STATA, SPSS, R
- Data collection and management using platform such as salesforce/TaroWorks, ODK, Kobo collect etc
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Program Design, Implementation and Management (Program Management Plan (PMP), Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT), Work/Activity Plan, Reports writing)
- GPS mapping & analysis using QGIS, Google Earth
Education: Billey holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematical Science (Statistics Option) from the University for Development Studies and a Master of Science degree in Statistics from the Regent University College of Science and Technology.
Experience before YEP
Billey, prior to YEP has worked with a technology innovations team to design and develop a digital marketplace that creates linkages for farmers to output markets. The solution aims at creating a two-sided market for the supply and purchase of inputs, information services on Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) and digital financial services. This marketplace ensures sustainable supply of commodities to buyers/processors using a traceability system.He has made inputs to various sustainability reports and has collaborated on research to understand current trends and predictions for effective service delivery to farmers in a sustainable manner.
He’s also been involved in humanitarian work, helping the poor and less privileged reach their fullest potential, engaged among others in maternal and child health, youth reproductive health programs. Ebola vaccine deployment – with organisations that are pushing the boundaries of productivity and innovation not only in Ghana and West Africa.