Sadik Ahnaf Tahmid
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 16Young Expert at Single Spark - Bangladesh
First position after YEP
Program Officer at Worldfish, Bangladesh
Researcher and Trainer of Single Spark Feedcalculator. Single Spark is a Dutch organisation who introduces the Animal feed App (Feed Calculator) in Bangladesh. Before that, we worked on Feed Calculator in several countries of Africa (e.g. Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania) and after completing a successful research, we planned for Bangladesh to implement the feed App. In Bangladesh, we are working together with WorldFish (International Research Organisation) to implement the Feed Calculator App in a befitting way.
As a Researcher and Trainer, I am responsible for the following tasks:
- Collecting and Analyses Data for Feedcalculator pilot sites,
- Document and disseminate pilot results by mean of publications, organisation of demonstration days, attendance of conferences, etc. ,
- Networking among relevant stakeholders (farmers, NGOs, government officials, cooperatives, associations, etc.) by means of social media, telephone contact and visits,
- Maintain accurate records of meetings and conversations (on paper and online),
- Developing a potential client database of interested organisations and farmers/maintain warm relation with partners,
- Conduct a detailed market survey,
- Support the development of a marketing strategy,
- Support identification and mobilization of local partners,
- Support the establishment of a local office/distribution network.
- Aqua culturist
- Microbiological Analysis
- Intercultural Communication and adaptation
- Psychological empowering of people
Education: MSc. in Fisheries management from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Honors in Fisheries from Noakhali Science & Technology University, HSC and SSC from Rangpur Cadet College
Experience before YEP
- Worked as a Product Executive @ ACI Animal Health, Dhaka.
- Worked as Research Assistant at (Aquafish Innovation Lab Project Funded by USAID and collaboration with North Carolina State University of USA) Dept. of Fisheries Management, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202.
- Worked as Research Assistant at (Aquafish Innovation Lab Project Funded by USAID, and collaboration with Central Luzon University, Philippines.) Dept. of Fisheries Management, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202.
- Worked as Research Assistant at ARK Sea Food Limited, Chittagong.