Reynaldo Secor, Jr.
History: Young Expert at Vitens Evides International - Philippines
YEP period 2019 - 2021, batch 16
Position after YEP
Senior Engineer at Cagayan de Oro City Water District, Philippines
One of Vitens Evides International’s projects in the Philippines is the “Ridge to Coast, Rain to Tap” (R2CR2T) project. The project aims to tackle the vulnerability of Cagayan de Oro (CdO) to flooding at different levels via integrated approach to improve the resilience of the water supply of COWD (Cagayan de Oro City Water District), the major water service provider within the city and reduce the flood risk. Also, part of this project is to reduce COWD NRW (Non-Revenue Water) and the “Water for Life CDO” project, which aims to construct about 7000 connections in urban poor areas that was affected by several typhoons. I am working as a Technical Officer Water Supply of Vitens Evides International (VEI) for the project.
Also, as a Young Expert, I was assigned to support all the visiting ST-experts of VEI and to the project partners with their missions for the project. One of these tasks is to provide them the data needed within their mission period. My focus on this project is to lower NRW through proper DMA Management and Pressure Management within the service area.
It is my first time to handle a Sustainable Water Project and I hope to gain more knowledge and experiences in the coming more years.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) operator
- Water meter regression analysis
- Building wiring and motor control
- Team Leader
- Intercultural communication skills
Education: BSc in Electrical Engineering at Western Mindanao State University
Experience before YEP
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY WATER DISTRICT(2015- date): Senior Engineer A. Key responsibilities:
Maintenance & NRW Management Department:
- Prepares and submits quarterly evaluation report on water meter test result, through regression analysis to distinguish the best brand of water meter to be installed on the field including the replacement program of water meters.
- Handles team who conducts the fix-cutting of illegal service connections within COWD’s service area through daily and reported job orders from Commercial Department.
- Prepares written communications
- Monitors and reports daily project activity including construction materials, tools and equipment.
- Oversees the safety of working personnel, equipment, tools and materials at the job site.
MINDANAO METAL WORKS (2014): Service Engineer. Key responsibilities:
- Worked closely with motor control design
- Executed the electrical design on site at a given time frame
- Maintained the building electrical safety
- Troubleshooted problems that has to do with motor controls on site