Alexander de Ruijter
Young Expert at Arcadis Nederland B.V. - Vietnam
YEP period 2019 - 2020, batch 16
As representative for the Water and Environment business of Arcadis Nederland in Vietnam, I contribute to the business development in the region and coordinate the relevant projects in Vietnam. Additionally, I lend my aid to the development and diversification of the business of Arcadis Vietnam. As a specialist in water management my key focus is on river and coastal management and city resilience.
- Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM)
- Catchment hydrology
- Hydrology and Geology of Deltas
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Project coordination
- Team player
- Culturally sensitive
Nationality: Dutch & Belgian
Education: BSc. International Land and Water Management (Minor GIS), MSc. International Land and Water Management (Minor Applied Hydrology).
Experience before YEP
- 2015: Trainee at NHC in Bangladesh. Checking and improving of GIS database and development of prioritising scheme for the Jamuna-Meghna River Erosion Mitigation Project and Developing a SCADA report for the Irrigation Management Improvement Project of the Teesta Barrage.
- 2018-2019: Specialist Water Management at Arcadis Nederland B.V.