Alphonsina Emanuel Ntibingwa
History: Young Expert at WaterWorX - Tanzania
YEP period 2018 - 2020, batch Tm1
Position after YEP
Project Support Officer at VEI, Tanzania
The project I am working in is focused on developed performance improvement plans on comprehensive Non- Revenue Water (NRW) reduction program, proposal and action plans for improvement of GIS. As a Young Expert, my tasks are based on the improvement of GIS for the local water authority whereas:
- Providing Map support to the Operations and maintenance field staff of BUWASA
- Organising GIS data collection campaigns of water network and other utility assets including customer identification surveys
- Supervision of GIS data collection teams and enforcing data quality checks
- Mapping the location of water leakages and using the data to determine investment priorities for the company
- Integrating GIS with other applications in the company including the Hydraulic modelling application and Customer Information System
- Facilitating routing schemes for meter reading, meter replacement projections and network repair work.
- Work with VEI team in aligning GIS unit with the project activities
- Acting as support resource person for VEI International experts coming to Tanzania
- Mentoring the technical staff on various function of GIS and its application to map water network and customers
- Listening skills
- Flexible and adaptable to situations
- Problem solving
Education: BSc. Engineering Geology
Experience before YEP
- Working as a Hydrogeologist intern at Pangani Water Basin Board and my assignment was to take part in underground water survey where geophysical and geo-electric surveys were carried out for selection of potential borehole site, with an integration to ArcGIS and INTERPEX ID.
- During my undergraduate studies, I worked with Serengeti Drilling Company in the implementation of Kimbiji and Mpera projects to abstract water from deep wells in dealing with challenges for water supply in highly populated Dar es salaam region and my graduation project was focused on the Hydrogeological assessment and evaluation of Hydraulic Parameters of the Kimbiji aquifers.