YEP period 2018 - 2020, batch 15Young Expert at Financial Access - Indonesia
First position after YEP
Agrifinance Analyst at Financial Access, Kenya
I will be working on a diverse set of projects across Indonesia and Myanmar. The projects are aimed at improving access to finance for small holder farmers by clearly identifying and mitigating the main financial and environmental risks associated with farmers. I will be working closely with a variety of partners focused on environmental risk, capacity building and training to ensure we employ a holistic approach to help small holder in a sustainable way. We therefore not only enable farmers to be included into the financial system, we also guarantee that this happens in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Click here for more information about my project.
- Data analysis
- Integrating multidisciplinary approaches
- Strategic communication
- MPhil Economics from the University of Oxford
- BSc Economics from Tilburg University
Experience before YEP
- Research Assistant | Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford | 2017-2018. I was part of a research team that mapped self-reliance, food security and economic opportunities in Kalobeyei settlement and Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya. We used our analysis to provide clear policy recommendation to the World Food Programme and partners to enhance the impact of their programs
- Micro Enterprise Development Advisor | LIDEFO, Uganda | 2012-2013. Tailored the loan programs to better suit the needs of beneficiaries after extensive fieldwork to understand the needs of beneficiaries