Young Expert at Justdiggit - Tanzania
YEP period 2017 - 2018, batch 14
Project Coordinator Tanzania for a large-scale regreening program in the Dodoma region, Tanzania. This project is a collaboration between the organisations Justdiggit (Dutch) and LEAD Foundation (Tanzanian) and aims to restore the degraded landscape of a region as large as The Netherlands. As a Monitoring and Evaluation expert operating locally, my tasks were the following:
- Support the setup and execution of Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the program. Coordination of the uptake of research tools such as the creating digital surveys and monitoring forms, designing focus group discussions, producing measurement materials for farmers.
- Coordinating the execution of data collection for the baseline study with a team of local enumerators in close collaboration with MetaMeta.
- Deliver on-the-job assistance in updating and creating creative content on different platforms such as website, educative materials and movement activities.
- Tasks concerning the assurance of a good collaboration between Justdiggit and LEAD Foundation. Being an important link between the three organisations Justdiggit, LEAD Foundation and MetaMeta; good communication and monitoring is needed to assure the coherence, quality and the effectiveness within the program.
Passionate about sustainability, creativity and social entrepreneurship. Enjoying very much to work in an international setting, creating and sharing together. Open-minded, positive and reflective. Loving to take up diverse personal learning goals in an independent way, at the same time working closely together in a team. Everywhere I go, I take my developed sense of understanding, compassion and kindness with me.
- Bsc. Social Geography & Planning at University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Msc. Urban Sociology at University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Experience before YEP
Coordinating starting activities at a community center at Sustainable Rural Initiatives, rural West Kenya as volunteer. This project aims to stimulate local villagers to become more empowered, educated and skilled in diverse activities, such as tailoring, reading, computer, agricultural activities and carpentry. After this, an internship at Justdiggit to set up and test Monitoring and Evaluation tools for Justdiggits project. The development of Justdiggit’s M&E Framework is done in close collaboration with MetaMeta.