Young Expert at Justdiggit - Tanzania
YEP period 2018 - 2020, batch 14
Introduction to the project
To improve people’s livelihoods and climate change resilience in the Dodoma region, as part of the ultimate goal of re-greening Tanzania. Justdiggit partnered up with LEAD Foundation (based in Tanzania). The program will be implemented first in Kongwa District in Eastern part of the region; this has already started in December 2017.
My role in this project is communication and marketing specialist:
- Contributing to the organisation’s communications strategy and creative methods using print, web based and multimedia to inform external audiences about LEAD Foundation and Justdiggit with the goal of increasing profiles of the two organisations. To develop positive online and offline awareness campaigns and education programs to inspire, unite and activate the entire generation in Dodoma region to re-green Dodoma.
- Online communication: Recommend ideas, improvements, and best practices to edit and refresh the organisation’s websites and blogs (in collaboration with other staff). Conceptualize and write stories for the organisation’s websites and blogs in collaboration with staff specialists.
- To develop promotional materials: Collaborate with technical staff in writing and editing marketing materials, including capacity briefs. Undertake fact checking, writing and copy editing, and version control. Specific activities for this can be the printing of t-shirts, advertisement painting and other visual messages. Assist in developing materials to convey key program results and identify appropriate communication channels; facilitate the preparation and production of project reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Social media: Manage the organisation’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Help set goals for the organisation’s social media presence; develop creative ways to meet those goals; and evaluate and measure progress.
- Program support: Assist in documenting designated program results, provide day to day management and coordination of communications activities. Coordination rural outreach events, Conduct field visits as needed to accompany media visits, interview staff and beneficiaries, write human interest stories and take photos and video.
- Public events: Attend relevant public events and conferences to promote LEAD Foundation and Justdiggit.
- Internal communication: Manage the organisation’s communications and media resources and database.
- Programming skills
- Marketing skills
- Team work skills
- Presentation skills
- Creative and critical thinking
Education: BSc. Computer Science
Experience before YEP
Media Executive at Ogilvy advertising agency ( 04/2014 – 12/2014)
Media executive at Scanad advertising agency (1/2015- 4/2016)
Marketing Manager at Salt Media (05/2016 – 02/2018)