Lissy van Noort
History: Young Expert at Akvo.org - Indonesia
YEP period 2016 - 2018, batch 7
Position after YEP
Coach and mentor at Spirit Jeugdhulp, the Netherlands
As a Young Expert I worked for Akvo Foundation, where I assisted in the expansion of Akvo’s activities in the South East Asia region; Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar & Thailand. Akvo builds open source Internet and mobile software, which is used to make international development cooperation and aid activity more effective and transparent. My focus was on facilitating local training workshops about Akvo tools such as Akvo FLOW and Akvo Really Simple Reporting (RSR), seeking new partnerships focused on agrofood and water and supporting Akvo’s existing partnerships in the region.
Over the last years I have been involved in different projects and programs related to international development aid. I found out that I’m comfortable with presenting and facilitating training sessions. I also like to organise events and coordinate projects and programs. My preference is to do this in an international and intercultural setting; I enjoy working in teams with people coming from different backgrounds and interests. I have affinity for IT and I’m passionate about youth, education, training, intercultural communication & human rights.
- MSc Education, Socialization and Youth Policies (Utrecht University, the Netherlands)
- BSc Pedagogical Sciences (Utrecht University, the Netherlands)
- Major International Migration and Ethnic Relations and Anthropology (Malmö University, Sweden)
Experience before YEP
- 2011-recent Project manager at Akvo Foundation. Portfolio management, organise events, develop training materials and content, facilitate training workshops about Akvo tools worldwide: West- and East Africa, South East Asia & Pacific & Europe.
- 2011 Project officer at 1%Club. Responsible for incoming crowdfunding project proposals.
- 2011 MSc research at SNV Uganda & Edukans. MSc thesis research about parental involvement in primary education in Eastern Uganda.