Naima Twalib Yusuf
Young Expert at Vitens Evides International - Kenya
YEP period 2017 - 2018, batch 13
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system based on key performance indicators (KPIs) for the main segments of the business of a public water utility.
- Follow the guidance with respect to M&E of the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB), a non-commercial state corporation overseeing the implementation of national policies and strategies relating to provision of water and sewerage services. WASREB sets rules and enforces standards that guide the water sector towards ensuring that consumers are protected and have access to efficient, affordable and sustainable services.
- Liaise with the Performance Enhancement of Water Utilities in Kenya (PEWAK) Project that aims to improve the performance of water service providers (WSPs), such as MOWASSCO, through benchmarking and (peer-to-peer) learning, implementation of non-revenue water (NRW) reduction plans, improved water service delivery to the urban poor, and the development of innovative public-private partnership (PPP) or performance-based contracts in the water sector.
- Be receptive for and responsive to the M&E requirements of specific development projects in which MOWASSCO is involved, as beneficiary or otherwise, such as the Kenya Water Security and Climate Resilience Project (KWSCRP) implemented by the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI) with funding of the World Bank (WB).
- Be responsible for, or contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual M&E (sections of) reports to MOWASSCO’s CMT and MOWASSCO’s stakeholders / development partners.
During the past three years working under WOP within Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd., I could refine my analytical and reporting skills and have proven to be a fast-learning and hard-working person, dedicated and flexible.
Education: Bachelor of Business and Information Technology. Currently Pursuing MBA in Strategic Management in the last stages of thesis writing
Experience before YEP
I joined the water sector while I was still in college and completed my internship at the IT-department of Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd. in 2012. It was then that I developed my passion to work within the water sector. From that time on – I was still in University pursuing my bachelor’s degree – I knew that working in water sector is a dream that I need to fulfil to bring better change in the water sector.
After my graduation in 2014, I joined Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd. on the basis of a temporary contract as Project Assistance assigned to work within the framework of the Water Operation Partnership. I played a role in the commercial establishment of District Metered Areas (DMAs). To date, I fulfill the role of Evaluation, Monitoring, and Reporting Officer within Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd.