YEP period 2017 - 2018, batch 13
AgriProFocus is an international multi-stakeholder network consisting of farmer organisations, private sector enterprises, government, knowledge institutions and civil society organisations, working together to create collective impact and transform agro-food systems.
AgriProFocus has developed a strong network in Mali, Benin and Niger to support West African and Dutch stakeholders with joint activities around youth in agriculture, access to finance, agribusiness development, business development services, a.o., with a focus on specific value chains. In addition, network events are organised where network members meet each other, exchange information, share experiences or lobby and advocate for improved opportunities in the agro-food sector.
For AgriProFocus in West-Africa I will:
- Build and maintain relationships with members and partners in the agri-food sector in Mali and the region;
- Identify opportunities for successful linkages for e.g. business deals and sustainable programmes;
- Business development for the AgriProFocus (regional) network: facilitate and co-develop programme proposals for and with members and partners to mobilise resources for network solutions;
- Participate in data collection and analysis for monitoring, learning and evaluation of specific network programmes and events in Mali and the region;
- Support country teams to work with the Business Development Guide of AgriProFocus for all current and pipeline projects/programmes;
- Support the positioning of AgriProFocus as the network of coordinating Dutch organizations’ interventions in the region;
- Report/share regularly on business development related activities with AgriProFocus colleagues worldwide in similar positions.
- Presentation skills
- (Econometric) data analysis
- (Field) data collection
- Design and implementation of household surveys
- MSc International Development Studies, major Development Economics (Wageningen University, 2016)
- BSc International Development Studies (Wageningen University, July 2013)
- Minor in African politics, global governance and EU (external) policy (Ghent University, 2013)
Experience before YEP
- 2016-2017 Economic researcher, cluster Global Economics, SEO Amsterdam Economics
- 2015-2016 Intern Behind The Brands Campaign, Oxfam Novib, The Hague
- 2014 Research assistant on 3 field missions to Tanzania and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Wageningen University
- 2013-2015 Journalist, Resource, Wageningen
- 2011-2012 Chair of PSF and WSO, Student Council Wageningen University