History: Young Expert at Vitens Evides International - Kenya
YEP period 2013 - 2015, batch 1
Position after YEP
Resident Project Manager at Vitens Evides International Kenya
Vitens Evides International is collaborating with East African WSPs to support Non-Revenue Water reduction. The approach includes benchmarking and collective learning, based on exchange of best practices and targeted technical and organisational support by experts of VEI. A demonstration project in Nakuru has resulted in Non-Revenue Water reduction from 45%->5%. These results were in a phase of upscaling towards other chosen WSPs in East Africa. In this project I fulfilled the role as Non-Revenue Water Expert; coaching and assisting the companies as well as sharing knowledge and facilitating between companies in the region on Non-Revenue Water.
Click here for more information about my project.
Goal minded, confident, energetic, clear and always searching for a new challenge is how people describe me. I have studied Mechanical Engineering with a commercial minor. This has made me a generalist. I have been working in the energy business and now in the water business on Non-Revenue Water, which is touching every aspect in a water company, from technical to financial and from commercial to HR.
Education: Rotterdam University, School of Applied Sciences, Bachelor Mechanical Engineering, September 2004 – July 2008
Experience before YEP
- Evides Waterbedrijf, Management trainee (Augustus 2011 – August 2013); As management trainee I have been working with different departments on different projects to get as much experience as possible within the water company. I’ve been working on the following projects:
- Research & Development at Evides Industrial water
- Non-Revenue Water at Vitens Evides International
- Trend validation of the DMAs at the department Control Centre
- Assessing maintenance of the production locations of Evides
- Viessmann Nederland, Product Marketing Manager & Accountmanager (September 2008 – Augustus 2011); Sales of the whole range of products of Viessmann (1,5 kW – 25 MW) in Utrecht and Gelderland and making marketing plans for heating which uses renewable energy.
- Eneco, Innovative researcher (February 2008 – July 2008 (Internship)); Marketing plan, analysing of the opportunities and threats for Eneco, if renewable energy would become the standard in Dutch households.