Young Expert at Water Forever - Kenya
YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 12
I will be the Technical Business Manager for Maji Milele, Kenya, supporting Water Forever International’s “Growing Big” mission, by being the:
- Technical coordinator for their Water and Sanitation project in Siaya County. This will involve project management, contract management, water scheme design, rehabilitation and expansion, works supervision among other duties.
- Technical lead for the organization’s Tap21 project (“Purified Water Distribution in the 21st Century") that seeks to improve the business case for water purification franchise enterprises with lower prices for users.
This will be in addition to the role of marketing, sales, installation & servicing of Maji Milele’s (Water Forever) Innovative Pre- Paid Water Meters.
- Project Management, Contract Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Proposal Writing & Funds Sourcing
- Hydraulic Engineering, Pipeline Design Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Works Supervision, GIS Surveying & Remote Sensing, Environmental & Social Impact Assessment, Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD)
- Digital Marketing & Experiential Marketing
- Community Service & Leadership
Education: Bachelor of Science – Environmental & Biosystems Engineering at University of Nairobi, Kenya
Experience before YEP
- Technical Manager – Water.org funded project dealing with providing & increasing access to safe and affordable water for the rural and urban poor, with operations in the 3 semi-arid Counties of Narok, Kajiado & Machakos. My key functions were; proposals’ conceptualization & drafting, grants /funds sourcing, M&E support, quarterly work plan, budgets & reports management, the baseline assessment of water demands, design of innovative water supply systems, design of water value-chain, training of local communities, irrigation technologies, water business marketing, and water cooperative systems.
- Graduate Consulting Engineer – At engineering consultancy firms such as Gibb Africa, Gedo Associates & Quadrant Engineering Consultants. The works here involved but are not limited to; Design Process of Water & Irrigation Systems, Preparation of Fieldwork, Feasibility Study and Detailed Design Reports; Preparation of Detailed Drawings for Construction, Bill of Quantities, Tender Documents and Supervision Plan.
- Client Service Management Executive & Digital Marketing Director – For experiential marketing campaigns/projects for various blue chip corporate clientele such as Safaricom, Samsung, Proctor & Gamble, Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA)
- Kenya Model United Nations (KenyaMUN) – The National President COR (Council of Representatives) & Chapter Under Secretary General (USG)