YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 12
Currently I am working for Euroconsult Mott MacDonald, Bangladesh on "Second Chittagong Hill Tracts Rural Development Project (CHTRDP-II)", funded by ADB. Through this project, the Government of Bangladesh is intended to provide safe drinking water, sanitation facilities, market linkages, high-value potential commodities, participatory watershed management, etc. to the rural people of isolated hilly areas of the country.
My role is to assist Monitoring & Evaluation Expert in collecting data on community infrastructure for irrigation, drinking water and micro-agriculture development; support team leader with preparation of quarterly and annual reports and workplans; collect information on the promotion of agricultural value chains from other projects for the benefit of Common Interest Groups of irrigation and micro-agricultural development subcomponents.
- Adaptive Delta Management
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) of water and energy sector projects
- Flood Risk Assessment and Management
Education: BSc in Water Resources Engineering with a major in Hydrology (Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology)
Experience before YEP
- Formulation of strategies and developing concepts for adaptive delta management, adaptation pathway generation, also spatial planning with emphasis on water, land, environment, disaster management etc.
- Working with exemplary tools and technologies to support Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), Integrated Coastal Management (ICM) and Climate Smart Development in rural areas.
- Analyzing development project interventions and alternatives, hydrological analysis, interpreting steady, hydro-dynamic, rainfall runoff and salinity results.
- Conducting Social Survey Tools (FGD, RRA, PRA and KII), operating high-tech in-situ water quality measuring instruments; prepare reports and other deliverables; maintain client interactions, etc.