Sarah Hassan Ali
History: Young Expert at DIBcoop - Kenya
YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 12
Position after YEP
WASH project officer at DIBcoop and doing a Master International Relations
WASH project officer at Women and Childcare Organization (WOCCA) Kenya/Somalia. WOCCA is one of the leading local NGOs in the south central region of Somalia implementing WASH projects for IOM, Somali humanitarian fund and UNICEF. As a Young Expert my responsibilities are:
- Developing WASH proposals and budget developments for new calls for partnerships,
- Planning and overseeing the overall implementation of projects, conducting CLTS triggering sessions,
- Capacity building trainings of Water management committees,
- Facilitating negotiations on the formation of management structures,
- Supervision on construction work (borehole drilling, well rehabilitation, solar pump installations, water kiosks, laying of distribution pipes, latrine constructions) and ensuring that the structures adhere to sphere standards and WASH Cluster technical guidelines.
I am a highly motivated, pro-active individual with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to challenging environments. I thrive in cross-cultural environments and equipped with time management and communication skills, I am able to build partnerships and deliver projects on time.
Education: Bsc in Industrial Engineering from Gaziantep University Turkey, Diploma in Project management from the Kenya Institute of Management
Experience before YEP
2014-2015: I worked as an intern in the quality control department in Doğan Yildiz Taah İnşaat Nak, a petroleum tank manufacturing company based in Ankara Turkey. My main task was to conduct quality tests on raw materials before it was sent to the production area. My second Internship was at Sanko Super Film in Gaziantep Turkey. The company manufactures high quality packaging materials and technical films for the European and Asian market. During my internship I learnt about the intricacies involved in manufacturing processes, total quality management and conducted several time and line balancing studies on manufacturing processes.
2015-2016: I worked as a technical sales engineer and a field officer with Yilmaz Company Ltd in Nairobi Kenya. The company deals with petrol station automation system, petroleum pumps and pump accessories. My main task was to introduce clients to new technologies regarding management of fuel stations.