YEP period 2015 - 2017, batch 6Young Expert at Meta Meta - Kenya
First position after YEP
Project officer at MetaMeta, Kenya
As a Young Expert I worked on the development of Roads for Water in Kenya for MetaMeta. The project aimed to introduce roads as resilience corridors by innovative designs and improved guidelines on harvesting water with roads. My activities included field visits to project areas, collection of data, support workshops/trainings and support the implementation process. Furthermore the promotion of the road water harvesting concept in Kenya and also internationally within the water, environment and road sector, are central targets.
Click here for more information about my project.
- Interdisciplinary water management
- Project management
- Committed, sense of responsibility, curious and hands-on
Education: MSc International Land and Water Management, Wageningen University Netherlands, MSc Environmental and Infrastructure Planning, University of Groningen, Netherlands, BSc Environmental and Infrastructure Planning, University of Groningen, Netherlands
Experience before YEP
- Education assistant for an excursion to Crete for a bachelor course on International Land and Water Management. Activities include writing and compiling reader material, organizing logistics and accommodation, and supervising students
- Master internship at MetaMeta as research assistant, involved in the Roads for Water project on road water harvesting in sub-Saharan Africa. Activities included applied research, and communication and project management
- Master thesis research in Kenya on the configurations of small scale individual irrigation technologies amongst horticulture farmers on the shores of Lake Victoria in the Uyoma area, Kenya
- Consultancy training in Spain, study on the modernization process of an old irrigation system for orange production in the region of Valencia