History: Young Expert at Deltares - Indonesia
YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 11
Position after YEP
Young Geodetic Expert at Deltares, Indonesia
I am working on water management projects in Deltares Indonesia, mainly focusing on the lowland area in Indonesia. As a Young Geodetic Expert, I play an active role in the data acquisition, processing and analyzing. My responsibilities are as follow:
- Processing and analysis of LiDAR data to different purposes (surface elevation, vegetation characteristic, and water level monitoring)
- Assisting assessment of impact canal blocking through analysis of LiDAR derived water level
- Supervising field measurement on peat thickness and water level survey
- Support in determining carbon emission factors for burned Acacia plantation (from pre- and post-fire LiDAR data)
- Involvement in scientific publication on applied LiDAR processing methods.
- Technical skill in mapping activities
Research skill on LiDAR data processing
Technical skill on GIS
Education: MSc. In Geomatic Engineering – University Teknologi Malaysia
Experience before YEP
After I graduated my bachelor degree in Geodesy, I worked in an offshore survey company, in data processing and delivering bathymetric data as a map. During my master degree, I published 4 papers on Terrestrial Laser Scanner data processing. Afterwards, I worked as a GIS assistant in Regional Development and Planning Agency in Jakarta Province for 8 months. Before I joined Deltares, I also worked as a teacher in Geomatic Engineering – Institut Teknologi Sumatera.