Young Expert at We Consult - Uganda
YEP period 2017 - 2018, batch 11
During my YEP period I was a Water Development and Management Consultant at WE Consult. As a hydrogeologist and water resources specialist I was involved in delivering a wide range of water related projects on behalf of governments and NGOs, involving both fieldwork and desk studies. Projects range from water resources analysis for a feasibility study on drought resilience in the arid Karamoja region, Uganda, to hydrogeological analysis for small-scale irrigation systems in Zambia.
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Geophysical investigations
- Data analysis
- Intercultural communication
- Project management
- Quality assurance
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Reporting and presenting
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Swedish, Hungarian, Arabic
- MSc Water Science and Management (Utrecht University), specialising in Earth Sciences
- Graduate studies in Hydrogeology and Environmental Geoscience (University of Göttingen)
- BSc Environmental Sciences (Utrecht University) with a minor in Physical Geography
Experience before YEP
- Environmental Scientist, Atkins, United Kingdom. I was involved as project manager and technical specialist on a range of projects with regards to water quality, water resources, and data analysis, delivering projects on behalf of research organisations, water companies, and regulatory authorities. Projects included ESIAs for drinking water and waste water treatment works in Iraqi Kurdistan and Cameroon, drinking water resource supply optimization and resilience modelling using MISER, and scenario-based river water quality modelling in the Source Apportionment GIS (SAGIS) model.
- Master thesis research intern, DHI, Denmark. Modelling the nitrate retention capacity of a restored riparian wetland in Denmark with a coupled MIKE SHE - MIKE 11 - ECO Lab hydro(geo)logical-river-nutrient model.