History: Young Expert at Connect International - Kenya
YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 11
Position after YEP
Business Development Manager at Aqua Clara Kenya
Co-Manager at Connect International and Aqua Clara International Kenya and Ghana.
- Interdisciplinary land and water management
- Project management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Intercultural Communication & Diplomacy
- Committed, sense of responsibility, curious and hands-on
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Good reporting and presentation
- Proposal writing
- Languages: Dutch, English, Portuguese
Education: MSc International Land and Water Management, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
Experience before YEP
- Consultant at Fundación Global Nature, Valencia area, Spain. Related to Wageningen University & Research. The project aimed to assess the efficiency of a reed filtration system. Project proposal preparation. Project coordination, communicating and planning. Data analysis and reporting. Creating a project budget. Financial administration.
- Project member of BlueGrass, University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil. The international BlueGrass project aims to focus on relations between societies and their environment in order to research socio-environmental conflicts in the specific field of water access and management. I was part of the University of São Paulo (USP) ‘s project team.
- Research assistant (internship) reconsider water supply management at FUNCEME / UNILAB, Fortaleza, Brazil. Climate data and water demands were studied with the aim to create efficient water supply management alternatives. Presentations for water agencies and interviews with water users. Supervised Brazilian bachelor students on a related project.
- Junior advisor (internship) at PROAP Lisbon, Portugal. Responsible for project developments inter alia: project analyses, project design, visualizations, topographic map design, and technical details.