YEP period 2017 - 2019, batch 11
Project Manager at Akvo’s East Africa Hub.
In my role as Young Expert I will help to set up data-related services around (national) WASH monitoring efforts in East Africa. This will include helping Akvo’s partners in the region to decide on what data they need to collect, how to monitor data and how to use data for sharing and decision-making with Akvo Flow, Akvo Lumen and Akvo RSR, empowering organisations to become data-driven and more effective.
I am an adventurous and open-minded person, with a big sense of loyalty and responsibility. I am positive and energetic and I’m always in search for chances to develop myself. I like to be challenged in my work by complex questions and to think on an analytical and strategical level. During my time working for Akvo in the development aid sector, I’ve developed skills in:
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Theory of Change methodology
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Reporting in the IATI Standard
- 09/2014 – 03/2016: Master International Relations, Utrecht University. Thesis subject: The influence of the Internet on state sovereignty – a comparative study on China and the Unites States
- 09/2013 - 01/2014: Chinese University of Hong Kong. Courses: Mandarin (oral), Mandarin (written), ethics of international affairs
- 09/2010 – 08/2014: BA Liberal Arts and Sciences, Utrecht University. Major: Political history and International relations, minor: Development Geography
Experience before YEP
- 03/2014 – 06/2017: Akvo | Project officer. Not-for-profit foundation that creates open source software tools to make international development more effective, transparent and collaborative.In my role, I was responsible for project management, proposal writing, data science, M&E, and IATI-reporting.
- 03/2014 – 09/2016: De Focus | Co-founder and chair. Online knowledge-sharing platform De Focus. At the focus I was responsible for management, networking, start-up, social media.