History: Young Expert at Tropenbos International - Ghana
YEP period 2016 - 2017, batch 8
Position after YEP
Project Officer at Tropenbos International, Ghana
Project Assistant at Tropenbos International Ghana, Kumasi.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Education: BA Geography & Resource Development and Political Science (University of Ghana), MPhil Candidate Natural Resource and Environmental Governance (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology)
Experience before YEP
Tropenbos International Ghana; Project Assistant
- Interim Project officer for Ecosystem Alliance Ghana Programme and Forest Connect project; coordinating project activities and reporting.
- Support Head office project initiatives; Conducted an inventory on cocoa projects in Ghana that has direct relation with biodiversity. This was to help design a unique project in the cocoa landscape of Ghana.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning outcome and capacity building of Ecosystem Alliance (EA) project partners; Design M&E protocol for field monitoring activities.
Tropenbos International Ghana, Research Assistant
- Support research and consultancies.
- Supervise field activities; pilot nursery establishment and woodlot establishment for sustainable charcoal production under a project dubbed “right plus action to pilot a sustainable and legal model for charcoal businesses in Ghana”.
- Support organisation of meetings and workshops on TBI Ghana project activities
Ghana Education Service, Service Personnel
- Served as teacher at Oyoko Methodist Senior High School, Eastern region, Ghana. Teaches Government and Geography.
- Responsible for non-academic activities including sports and games, organizing students for school activities and helping with.
Star Assurance Company Limited, Assistant Agent.
- Liaison officer, marketing and education on services and policies for clients.