Young Expert at ICCO Cooperation - Cambodia
YEP period 2019 - 2020, batch 16
As a Programme Officer at ICCO Cambodia, I will be working on a number of projects concerning sustainable agriculture, responsible business and economic empowerment of farmers and SMEs. My main tasks include project management, business development and M&E. Moreover, I will conduct and organise trainings and workshops, participate in national and international networks and write proposals. I will work closely together with my Cambodian YEP colleague Chhum Chanrachana.
In my first YEP hear, I was Assistant Resident Project Manager for a project that aimed to build capacity for operations of secondary urban water systems and urban sanitation systems, under the mandate of the local water authority in Mozambique. As water production and distribution expert for VEI in Mozambique, I was involved in technical assistance in drinking water, training to small-town water operators, supporting and monitoring short-term experts and monitor water operator performance.
- Project management, analysis and writing
- Organisation of trainings and workshops
- Intercultural cooperation and communication
- BSc. Earth Science & Economics at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MSc. Water Science & Management at Universiteit Utrecht, the Netherlands
Experience before YEP
- Training coordinator for Young Expert Programmes in the Hague, the Netherlands: Coordination and organisation of training programmes in the Netherlands and online learning environment, project management, evaluation of proposals, recruitment and selection of candidates, account management
- Project Officer International at Netherlands Water Partnership in The Hague, the Netherlands: Working on public-private partnerships, organising and coordinating sector meetings, study tours, market studies, trade missions, knowledge sharing in Asia (Indonesia and Sri Lanka).
- Assistant Resident Project Manager for Vitens Evides International in Nampula, Mozambique (YEP Position, see above)
- International graduate student research experience for Royal HaskoningDHV in New Zealand.