History: Young Expert at ICCO Cooperation - Indonesia
YEP period 2016 - 2017, batch 7
Position after YEP
Freelance Development Advisor, the Netherlands
My role was as a Program Officer for ICCO. The scope of work was pretty broad but the sector in the project that I focussed on was related with the value chain in commodities in horticulture/agriculture. The aim of the work was mainly developing a new project within the agricultural sector using value chain, M4P approach and PPP like program.
I had a specialization in market development (M4P – Making Market Work for the Poor) to support food security and fair economic development program in Indonesia. I joined several trainings conducted by AIP-PRISMA project from DFAT Australia to create systemic change in the market to improve income of the poor. I managed of the market development program in the fisheries sector in Situbondo, East Java. I also have portfolio under current MFS II program with market development approach involving private sector on salt and cashew nut commodities in Bali.
I have a logical structure of thinking which is needed in writing proposal especially in logical framework. I have good critical thinking and I can see an opportunities but also good in noticing the pitfall. I have good communication skills and apply it in different culture and target audience.
Education: M.Sc on Management and Planning on Watershed and Coastal & B. Sc on Forestry Management
Experience before YEP
Programme Assistant - Programme Officer at ICCO Regional Office South East Asia and Pacific, Denpasar, Bali
- Project Assistant Manager for fisheries program in Situbondo under AIP-PRISMA program funded by AUSAID using Market Development approach: deal making with private sectors (fish exporter and bank), dealing with the donor, dealing with local NGO partner who implement the intervention, coordinate with project leader and oversee 600,000 AUD budget
- Support program development and fundraising: meeting with potential partner to collaborate with, writing part of the proposal. Successful program development namely: FDOV, EU EIDHR, AIP-PRISMA
- Support relation and compliance management for the Indonesia Government and local government where ICCO works
Programme Officer at VSO, Indonesia, Denpasar, Bali
- Responsible for volunteers in NTT and South Sulawesi under livelihoods and disability programme including delivered trainings, facilitating problems between volunteer and partner, providing feedback relate to the placements objectives and programmes
- Delivered and reviewed programme, developed new partnership, maintained partnership with all VSO partners ranging from local government, local NGO, university and credit union
- Recruited Indonesian to be volunteer in other countries and responsible for marketing, selection, pre-departure trainings and coordinate with VSO Bahaginan Philippines
- Overviewed budget for 2 programmes mentioned above
Programme Supervisor Global Xchange at British Council, Jakarta, Yogyakarta, UK, Malang
- Developed the programme in Yogyakarta such as developed key community contacts and succeed engage 25 partners (NGO and government institution) in the programme
- Supervise and support of 16 participants from Luton and Yogyakarta including facilitate participant in resolves problems, responsibility for their health and safety, and implementing disciplinary
- Managed and reported budget up to 38,000 GBP